About the Board
The Crater Regional Workforce Development Board (CRWDB) is part of a statewide workforce system which is business-driven, customer-centric, streamlined, and outcome-oriented. It is led by committed business leaders who can ensure that the local workforce system is responsive to current and projected labor market demands and develop a comprehensive vision for the local workforce system with a focus on strategic decisions.
- Carries out strategies and policies that support both the economic development missions for the local area and the Virginia Board of Workforce Development's goals;
- Sets policy for the local area in compliance with broader state policy; and
- Is the regional strategic convener, or acts in partnership with a designated regional convener, in addressing workforce development issues, including, but not limited to Workforce Innovation Opportunity Act activities.
- Private sector representatives are to be selected from individuals nominated by local business organizations (ex. business trade associations, chamber of commerce, economic development agencies.)
- Individual businesses may also nominate themselves or provide nominations of other businesses to the Board of Supervisors.
- Private Sector representatives can include owners of businesses, chief executives or operating officer of businesses, and other business executives with optimum policy making or hiring authority.
- Carly Woolfolk, Dinwiddie County Public Schools
- Tim Gainey, Tindal Corporation
Nomination Form (PDF)
(Please email to Camisha Brown)