Parks & Recreation
*If you're on a mobile device - please tilt the device and maneuver the website in landscape mode for a better viewing experience
The mission of the Dinwiddie County Parks and Recreation Department is to provide safe, clean, ever improving facilities while offering diverse year round leisure and recreational opportunities for all demographics which enhance the physical, social, emotional well being and quality of life for all residents of Dinwiddie County.
- Eastside Community Enhancement Center
- Hours of Operation:
- Monday 11:00 am -7:00 pm
- Tuesday 11:00 am - 8:00 pm
- Wednesday 11:00 am -7:00 pm
- Thursday 11:00 am - 8:00 pm
- Friday 11:00 am- 7:00 pm
- Open Amenities: Main Offices, Exercise Rooms, Lounge Areas, Facility Rentals, Outside Athletic Fields, Playground, Picnic Shelter and Game Room/Youth Lounge
- Hours of Operation:
- Robert and Betty Ragsdale Community Center
- Monday - Friday 11:00 am - 7:00pm
- Open Amenities: Main Office, Exercise Rooms, Lounge Area, Facility Rentals, Picnic Shelter and Game Room
- Leave a Legacy Donation Program
Thank you for your interest in donating to the Robert and Betty Ragsdale Community Center. Your selfless donation will help enhance the community center’s amenities. For donor markers, the center will feature a prominent wall display in the main foyer and each leaf will be inscribed with the donor name. Different colors of the metallic leaves will be used to demarcate the level of gift being recognized. The tree can grow over time to acknowledge new donors. Leave a lasting legacy and make a difference!!!
- Sports Complex
- Monday - Saturday 1:00pm-9:00pm
- Concession Stand (limited operations based on schedule)
- Historic Dinwiddie Courthouse (outside courtyard area only for private rentals)
- Monday - Friday 11:00am - 7:00pm
Current Programs & Events
- Fall Soccer
- Fall Tackle Football
- Fall Cheerleading (Tackle Football)
- Spring Soccer
- Spring Flag Football
- Educational Programs
- Family Fun Programs
- Finance Education Programs
- Fitness & Wellness Programs
- Senior Programs & Services
- Stitch, Knit & Chat
ARLS (Appomattox Regional Library System)
The Eastside Enhancement Center hosts the Rohoic Library and the Ragsdale Community Center hosts the McKenney Library. Curbside book pick-up available at all ARLS Dinwiddie Library Locations
Department Activities and Functions
Our Athletics division strives to provide quality youth athletic programming to our citizens at an affordable cost. We offer many different girls and boys sports leagues, camps and tournaments, while providing top notch uniforms, and playing facilities. With the Dinwiddie County Sports Complex opening in the early summer of 2011, our young athletes play and compete on some of the best facilities in the state of Virginia, which has afforded us the option of opening even more diversified opportunities to our young athletes.
Our Cultural and Special Events division strives to provide quality programming and special events to our diverse population of citizens in Dinwiddie County. This division strives to provide quality programming for toddlers, preschoolers, teens, adults and our active adult populations. In addition, the division takes the lead on such special events in the county including; the Dinwiddie County Fair, EGGstravaganza, Outdoor Movie Series, Celebrate the Season in Dinwiddie, and the Five Forks 5k. These events, while still young in their inception, draw a combined 25,000 people annually.
The County Public Works Department and the Parks Services division strives to provide the county with pristine recreational facilities. The Park Services division takes care of the Dinwiddie County Sports Complex and its turf management program. The division also oversees keeping the Eastside Community Enhancement Center, the Ragsdale Community Center, the McKenney Gymnasium and the Historic Dinwiddie Courthouse as top notch facilities as well. The division is also active in helping with setup and oversight of cleanliness of all special events such as tournaments, outdoor concerts, and the County Fair.