Refund of Cash Bonds

Request for Return of Bond

Upon completion of a criminal and/or traffic case in the Circuit Court, the party who posted the bond must request in writing the return of the cash bond. You must complete the request for return of bond form (PDF). You can complete this form in person in our office or mail it in to the Clerk’s office along with a copy of your driver’s license.

Once the request is received and all the information is verified, a court order will be prepared for the return of the bond and a check will be mailed to you. Depending on the Judge's schedule, please allow one to three weeks for processing.