Commissioner of the Revenue
A Note From The Commissioner
Welcome to your Commissioner of the Revenue's website!
The Commissioner of the Revenue is elected by the voters of Dinwiddie County to a four-year term. My current term began on January 1, 2020 and ends on December 31, 2023. I am an active member of The Commissioner's of the Revenue Association of Virginia, the Virginia Associations of Assessing Officers, and other professional groups. It continues to be my honor to proudly serve as your commissioner of the revenue and to contribute to the growth and success of our county.
It is the goal of my office to provide the highest quality of customer service to all citizens of Dinwiddie County. We strive to be courteous, efficient, timely, and diligent in performing duties in the following areas:
- Assessing all new construction and changes to improvements on real estate
- Administering tax relief for the elderly, disabled, and veterans
- Administering the agricultural, horticultural, or forest land use assessments
- Assessing all personal property, including machinery and equipment, of individuals and businesses
- Assessing all businesses sited in the county for business license
- Administering all food and beverage, and transient occupancy
- Assisting with state income taxes and state income tax estimated payments
- Assisting with county revenue projections
We have made every effort to provide easier access to vital information for taxpayers via the commissioner of the revenue's website. Information and forms are now available 24 hours per day, 7 days a week. Please let us know if you have any questions or if you have thoughts on ways that we can improve our efforts. We are here to serve you!