Office open to walk-ins, Monday-Friday 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
DMV Select Services are offered through the Commissioner of Revenue's Office. These services are open Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. As a DMV Select location, we can process the following transactions:
- Handicapped parking placards
- Address changes - that do not involve the issuance of a driver's license or ID card
- Overload permits
- Special and personalized license plate orders
- Titles - original (with or without liens), substitute, replacements, title maintenance (change information on title records)
- Transcripts - vehicle, driver
- Trip permits
- Vehicle registrations - originals, renewals, transfers, re-issues, and surrender of plates
- Voter registration applications
We cannot issue driver's licenses (original licenses, renewals, or replacements) and we cannot conduct driver's license tests. Customers must go to a regular DMV branch for those services.
DMV 2 GO
The Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) mobile customer service center, called DMV 2 Go, visits the Dinwiddie County Administrative building periodically.
This full-service office provides all DMV transactions including applying for and renewing driver's licenses, ID cards, and Virginia's new veteran's ID card. Road and knowledge tests are available, and applicants may get their pictures taken. To determine when DMV 2 Go will be in your area, please visit the DMV 2 Go calendar page DMV 2 Go calendar page.
You are encouraged to research and bring the required documents to complete your transactions. To determine what documents are needed, use the interactive document guide at the DMV Now website.