Edgehill Fitness Room
The Edgehill Fitness Room houses a variety of cardio machines, including ellipticals and stationary bikes. Sign up and come for the day without the stress of paying for a monthly membership. Enjoy working out, getting in shape, and reducing your stress levels.
Usage Rate: $1.00 per hour for Dinwiddie Residents. $2.00 per hour for Non-Dinwiddie Residents.
Hours of Operation
Policies and Procedures
- The Edgehill Fitness Room is equipped with cardiovascular equipment and a 3-stack multi-gym weight machine. A staff person supervising the use of equipment will be in the main office at all times if you have any questions.
- All equipment must be used in the manner for which it is designed. If equipment is used in any other way, it may cause injury to the participant and others in the area.
- Only six (6) patrons are allowed in the fitness room at a time.
- Children between the ages of 13 and 16 are not allowed to use the fitness rooms with a paying parent.
- Children are not allowed to wait in any Fitness Room while parents are working out.
- No food, gym, or drinks are allowed in the fitness room except for water in a sealed container.
- Please store personal belongings on the designated racks; not on the floor or in chairs.
- Talking on cell phones while using the cardio equipment is prohibited
- Please be courteous & wipe down the machines with the provided wipes after use.
- For your enjoyment and safety, please review the posted Fitness Room Rules before working out.
- Disorderly conduct, abuse, or misuse of the facility or its equipment and disregard for the fitness room policies & procedures will not be tolerated. Fee paying members who are suspended from use of the facility will not have any portion of their fees refunded.
- Violators of the rules and policies will be required to leave the facility and may be subject to disciplinary action and/or payment for damages and may also be suspended from using the facilities as determine by the Department of Parks Recreation and Tourism staff.
- All Dinwiddie County Government employees and Dinwiddie County Public Schools employees (Full Time or Part Time) are permitted to use the Edgehill Fitness Room at no charge. This does not include employee family members. Employees are required to display their official Dinwiddie County identification badge issued by the Dinwiddie County Human Resources Department to the recreation staff when signing-in and the recreation staff will provide access to the fitness room. Paying customers have priority use of the fitness room. If the fitness room is at capacity with paying customers, employees will be asked to wait until one of the paying customers completes their work out. All fitness room users are given one hour to work out.